This article originally appeared on Ripple Insights.
Recently our customers requested that Ripple bring together leaders in banking and blockchain who are committed to changing the way the world moves money today. Challenge accepted. Today, we’re pleased to announce Swell: The Future Is Here, taking place in Toronto from October 16-18.
Swell is attracting a roster of payments experts and industry luminaries to discuss trends, success stories of blockchain implementations and real-world blockchain use cases to meet changing customer demands for global payments.
To kick off the program, we are delighted to announce our keynote speakers:
- Dr. Ben Bernanke, Chairman, The Federal Reserve System (2006-2014) to be interviewed by Gene Sperling, National Economic Council Director and National Economic Advisor under Presidents Clinton and Obama (1996-2001, 2011-2014)
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee, Inventor of the World Wide Web who will present A Look Ahead Into the Future of Tech
This bold program also includes the following speakers. Stay tuned for the full agenda to be published on September 12.
- Brad Garlinghouse, CEO, Ripple
- Stefan Thomas, CTO, Ripple
- Dilip Rao, Managing Director of APAC/MENA, Ripple
- Amit Sethi, CIO, Axis Bank
- Tom Jessop, President, Chain Inc.
- Kristen Michaud, Managing Director, Treasury Operations, GE Capital
- Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger
- Ed Metzger, Head of Innovation, Santander
- Mr. Nobuo Ando, Representative Director, SBI Remit Co., Ltd
- Takashi Okita, CEO, SBI Ripple Asia
- Dr. Arak Sutivong, Head of Strategy, Siam Commercial Bank
- Rahul Pai, COO, UAE Exchange
- Marwan Forzley, CEO, Veem
- Dharmesh Desai, Group EVP, Yes Bank
Please note that Swell is an exclusive, invitation-only event.